Pages

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Happy New Year

Happy New Year to everyone.

The new year is a good time to look ahead to what you wish to accomplish over the next 12 months.  For me, it's about maintaining my work/life balance and training consistently with an open mind.  For my martial arts, I have lots of goals and ideas bouncing around in my head, and many of them will likely show up as blog posts over time.

While I don't necessarily agree with making resolutions, this is a good time to look ahead to where we want to be a year from now, and how we're going to get there.

One of the better articles I've read lately setting and achieving goals can be found here at Jiu-Jitsu Sensei's blog.  Basically, it's about making sure that the things you are doing in your life are moving you towards or supporting those things that are truly important to you.  In my opinion, it's a worthwhile read for anyone.

I hope everyone has enjoyed the holiday season.  I have had a great and extremely busy few weeks and I have to admit that I'm somewhat relieved that things will get back to normal soon.  I hope this year brings lots of positive experiences for everyone, in training, and in life.

Here's looking forward to the next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment